Thursday, October 20, 2016

Study Buddy


I felt like a college kid this week, cramming for exams. While our college boy has had several tests already this semester, I haven't had to study for, well, anything in a long, long time. Until now.

This week I had two tests. And honestly, Carter was not my study buddy for either one!

The first one was relatively easy.

Just had to remember to finish up my movie popcorn the other night by 8:30 p.m. so I could fast for 12 hours before my 8:30 a.m. blood test. No studying required. Just had let them prick my finger and do a screening for cholesterol and such. As part of this free health screening at work, I also had to let them measure my height (holding on at 5'2") and my weight (none of your business). Love when she said, "We weigh you then subtract 2 pounds for clothes." Nice. And so true. I always have heavy clothes!

Immediate results! Apparently I passed the test! Well, my blood pressure is low/normal. My cholesterol and triglycerides and all that jazz is fine, too. I just sneaked into the acceptable BMI range, too. So yeah, glad that's over.

The second test was not so easy.

It was for a professional certification at work. Yes, you already know I am certifiable, but I had to wade through an inch-thick study guide in order to prove it! I gotta tell you, I forgot how to study! Unlike Carter, who can read and study with headphones on, I needed complete silence. No distractions. I did get some review time done at work earlier in the week. Then I locked myself in the quiet basement last night to cram. I gotta tell you, I forgot how to cram, too! Saw no need to stay up past 10 p.m. or anything. Too old for that!

Took the exam just before lunch. Well started it then. It was 75 questions that had to be completed in 60 minutes. I was nervous about running out of time. I didn't. I was nervous in general about forgetting everything. I didn't.

Immediate results! I passed! I will have a certificate in my hands in 2-3 weeks confirming I am certifiably certifiable!

How's that for a banner week? It's like acing mid-terms! But now I need a study break!

King Cone, anyone?



No comments: