Sunday, October 16, 2016

Splash of Color

The best days are when God and Mother Nature are on the same page. In central Wisconsin, we were blessed with sun and 70 degrees, which can only mean one thing: Let's go kayaking!

We splashed in near the Biron Mill again and immediately saw more color than our voyage 2 weeks ago. We quickly surmised that there are a lot of trees along the shore that just aren't meant to change color. But there was enough to keep this shutterbug happy.

I did bring my good camera – with fresh batteries – but no eagle sightings today. The only wild life – besides the "casting" spiders again – was a snake that scared a squeak (or louder) out of me when I stopped on what we call Pee Island to, well, pee. That was unexpected. I'm surprised I didn't tip my kayak racing to get away!

Mostly, though, it was calm and beautiful. A perfect Sunday with our friends Mike and Cindy. Photos don't do it justice and words would be wasteful here. So just enjoy the river view...













One last look. Not sure if it's our last paddle of the "season" but it won't get any prettier from here on out. Saw a ton of leaves falling today so get out and enjoy your last splash of color while you can!

Thanks for riding along.

No comments: