Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Octob-Brrr


When I saw the hourly forecast this morning, I knew the day was going downhill. And fast.

If it's chilly at the starting point, it officially is cold by the end. Throw in some rain and it was just a dreary WindsDay in the Hundred Acre Wood – and all over Wisconsin. I fear that since our fall colors haven't "peaked" yet, the wind and rain will strip those leaves off the trees before their time. Then what am I supposed to take pictures of? Sigh.

Needless to say I did not venture outside for any walk breaks at work. I may have made up for it at kickboxing tonight, but I'd prefer the sun and a chance to see some fall colors.

After my class kicked my butt, I showered quick and hubby and I went to visit our nephew Colin and his fiance to check out their new digs. They recently purchased a home in the Wisconsin Rapids area and are getting settled in. We got the nickel tour and we give it our stamp of approval. Very nice for them! It will be exciting to see them fill it! (I remember when our house seemed too big to fill! Rectified that situation right quick!)

When we got back to our house, I turned on my electric mattress pad (as usual) and Jim actually turned the heat on. That downhill forecast this morning did not lie. In fact, it may have been too kind. Now look at what's coming while we sleep...


Uff da! THAT will put frost on your pumpkins! Welcome to Octo-Brrr!



No comments: