Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Baby, It's Cold and Pretty Outside

With wake-up temps below zero for the first time this fall, I wondered why people say autumn is their favorite season! But then I remembered it's the pretty colors...


Like tonight's sunset. Such a pretty drive home. Even though I was startled at first, thinking this was a massive fire. But it was just he glorious sun reflecting off and through the "smoke stacks" at the food-processing plant.

You can kind of tell it's cold, though, can't you?

Tonight I was grateful that where I bell ring for Salvation Army I am situated between two doors. Unfortunately, they are pretty much open the whole time because there's a busy after-work crowd at the grocery store.

Still, it was 10 degrees and not windy and I had a warm hat one.


That's me – Robyn the Red Kettle Reindeer – hoping warm hearts would warm the air before my nose turned red like Rudolph's. Yes, I entertain myself to stay warm! I even had to dance to my Christmas tunes tonight so my feet wouldn't get cold.

But then I remember why I'm doing it. So there's a warm place for people to go instead of sleeping out in this cold. I can't over stress the importance of what the Salvation Army and other programs provide for those in need. If you can't give time or money, at least pray for them during these last cold days of autumn and the Christmas season.

Let there be peace – and warmth – on Earth.

No comments: