Thursday, December 12, 2019

The Most Wonder-Why it’s Stress-Ful Time of Year


There's a good chance the reason I haven't blogged much this week is that I've been hiding out at the North Pole. More specifically, keeping myself very busy in Santa's workshop.

I saw firsthand how stressful it can get for Santa & Company. Deadlines, deadlines, deadlines! I'm not even a real elf (despite my height or lack of it) and I feel the stress, too.

Raise your mittens if you know what I'm talking about!

This is supposed to be the most wonderful time of the year. Seeing friends (usually while shopping at Wal-Mart) and family and spreading good cheer. Yet, I feel behind somehow. Like I'm on a specific deadline and I'm missing it. I didn't even sign up for bell ringing until today and usually I've done a few shifts by now. Feel free to join me next Monday and Wednesday if you're behind on your holiday giving, too.

On a positive note: There's still time to turn this season around!

The first step is admitting this is self-imposed stress. I certainly am not responsible for delivering toys to millions of children around the globe. Pretty sure I can handle a few family gatherings. Especially since they're spaced out time wise. I have my family Up North this Saturday. Then we'll be hosting Jim's family on Christmas Eve. Plenty of time to prep for that.

And my cards are already sent so there's that off the "list." And presents? Well, I may have to get back to the North Pole. Santa – even the Montgomery Ward Santa from my childhood – has been keeping an eye on a few people for me so we'll see what he recommends.

You all should be on your best behavior in case you gotta make up for lost time!

And smile, smile, smile. It's the most wonderful time of the year!

No comments: