Monday, December 16, 2019

Secret Santas Revealed


Isn't this a beautiful sight to come home to at the end of the work day? We think so!

Not only did our Secret Santas deliver a purple tree on Friday, but strung lights on it Saturday when we were Up North. The best elves. Ever.

Since we had 4 hours in the truck on the way back from Luck, hubby and I put our heads together and figure out who left the tree. Our friend at the tree lot insisted it wasn't her. So we decided we should ponder the usual suspects. Who usually is responsible when something mysterious (usually baked goods) appears on our door step? Using my old reporter skills, I tricked a confession of sorts out of our good friends and neighbors Mike and Cindy.

Our suspicions were confirmed when Mike came over yesterday to fix the outdoor outlet so the lights would work. Not every Secret Santa is an electrician!

Thank you so, so much you two!

I can tell you, being the recipient or the giver of Christmas cheer really lifts your spirits.

If I hear "Last Christmas" one more time!
Tonight, though chilly, I had a nice time bell ringing at one of our locally owned IGA stores. It's the same one of rang at since Carter was younger and we started this tradition. Even ringing solo was fine because the time flew by. Saw several people I knew and one young man kept me company while waiting for his cab.

Donations were good but there are so many shifts to be filled yet. If you have 2 hours of time between now and New Year's, please consider ringing! You can find time slots and sign up at www.registertoring.com. You won't regret it. Even standing there dancing to my music to get warm, at least I didn't have to sleep out in this cold. It's so important to support the Salvation Army and all organizations who can bring people in from the cold.

God bless our neighbors for loving us Viking fans unconditionally. And God bless all of you who are doing your part to pay the spirit of Christmas forward!


No comments: