Sunday, December 22, 2019

Tis the Season... But Which One?


If this is how winter is going to go, I'll take it! Crazy but it is apparently going to be warmer on Christmas than it was for Halloween and Thanksgiving. Again, I'll take it.


The warmer weather created some fog this morning. Pretty anyway.


I guess that the sun burning off the fog is a sign of longer days. Starting now!


Before we get ahead of ourselves on what season it is, know that it IS Advent for sure. Enjoyed a wonderful cantata by our church choir this morning. I miss choir. I wasn't in it this fall since I had too much going on – including some travel. Might resume in January. We'll see.

After church, I was planning to get my car washed. Because that's what you do on spring days. The lines reflected that it was definitely a spring day and everyone had the same idea. Do some Christmas shopping then swing by the car wash. On my third trip to town, I was finally successful in finding a short line!

Not everything was successful, though. I stopped at both McDonald's and Culver's in town just looking for an eggnog shake. In both cases, when they said, "We don't have that," I swung right out of the drive-thru line and was on my merry way.

How can we have car washes like spring and Valentine's stuff on the shelves at Walmart already, but nobody has a stinkin' eggnog shake in this town? Grrrr.

At least I had a photo shoot this afternoon that confirmed it's still the Christmas season...


This little one is a brand new granddaughter to a friend of mine. She was a doll and it really lifted my spirits.

That and the nice weather. And a Hallmark movie. (Don't think for a minute I don't know what season it is!)

No comments: