Friday, December 20, 2019

Last Day of Fall

I was thinking that today was the shortest day of the year. I was pretty excited it fell on a work day and a Friday at that. But it's actually tomorrow. Still, it was a pretty quick day at work when we had a team holiday lunch jammed in the middle of it.

Then, after work, I stopped at UW-Stevens Point down the road from the office and got to watch one of Carter's high school classmates play hoops. She was playing for the visiting St. Norbert green knights. Macie a had a good group of Assumption folks and family in the stands cheering her on.


Although her team lost, Macie led St. Norbert with 13 points and matched a career-high with 11 assists. It was just like watching her in the "old days"!


A few classmates were there, but Carter missed out on it since he didn't get home from Platteville until tonight. In fact, he beat me home by 5 minutes. So wonderful to see him! We'll have him for two weeks (yay!) and there's a good chance I'll be blogging more about him tomorrow. Shhhh. Santa's been busy.

Enjoy the last day of fall – what's left of it – and enjoy the brief daylight Saturday on the shortest day of the year! I can't complain it's a weekend 'cuz I'm off until January 2. Thank you, Santa!


No comments: