Sunday, December 29, 2019

December Meltdown

 

The FitBit doesn't lie. Seriously, it will tell you that this is the first time in many days that I got 10,000 steps. I've been struggling to get my lazy-arse self to get 5,000 per day during vacation! What was the difference today?

Well, the arrival of spring, of course.

Not sure if we did see temps at 50 today, but I know it was in the mid to high 40s for sure. Enough to feel like spring. And put a spring in my step.


We were forecast to have rain all day but only got it in the overnight hours. Plus some fog that hung around all day. Still it felt like one of those post-rain shower walks in March or April. Water dripping from the trees instead of snow piled up. Wet but bare roads.


And Mr. Cow is like, where did this lake come from?


I had to take a "before" picture of the front yard since we are scheduled to get somewhere between 2 and 10 inches of snow between now and New Year's Eve. Yup. Kind of that big window since the forecast keeps changing. I hope it's wrong just like the rain forecast today!


Though I was partial to the Purple Rain on our deck! So pretty. (On a side note: Good news to our tree farmer friends Jon and Audrey – the tree paint does NOT run when the tree gets wet.)


Speaking of colors... The fog lifted enough to give us a gorgeous sunset, too.

I gotta say. This is MY kind of December!


And Mr. Cow and friends agree!

No comments: