Sunday, December 15, 2019

Festive Family Fun


The 8 R's and their family units brought some festive family fun to the north woods yesterday. Each year whichever siblings are hosting it choose the date and place and cross fingers we all can make it. This year it was at Skonewood, a fellowship hall we could rent just up the road from "the homestead" outside of Luck. We went up and back so it made for a long but fun day.


There were just shy of 40 of us who made it! Only a few of the grandkids were missing – including our troop since Casey is in Washington, Clay was working, and Carter has finals this week. To make up for the missing, there were a lot of extras this year in the form of girlfriends and adorable little ones. That was fun!

As usual we had our family program – the 55th annual, according to my sisters. I took some pictures of the entertainment but enjoyed capturing the faces of the littles. I'm sharing so my siblings and nieces and nephews can enjoy my view, too!


Renell was our emcee – and she performed the job to a T. (Yup, she successfully rhymed all her introductions!)


We "performed" going from youngest to oldest. My twin Raylene and her family started with their Christmas wishes for all of us!


For our part, Jim and I shared the 12 months of blessings in 2019!


Rachel gathered the littles and read about about Turkey Clause. They were very attentive! And so cute!

Willow

Lyric

Hans

Adryan

Quinn adding a candy cane earring.


Makayla
  
Sasha
Nash
 

My brother wrote and sang a song. Yes, we are all creative and talented!


My sister RoAnn reminded us to find JOY amongst the stress and challenges we face each day.


For Renell's family, my niece Beth (and her boy) helped lead their youngsters in a fun version of Jingle Bells.

 And there were bells!!


That was fun!


My sister Romey and her son Eric (and his new crew) sang for us.

Eric the Red?

Jace the Red-nosed Reindeer


My sister Rayna shared a song she heard on a recent trip to Branson that reminded us to remember Jesus during the Christmas season and every day.


My mom saying, "I can't believe you all belong to ME!"


She also taught the little ones a song she used to sing as a girl.


The winter scenery – including some Frozen props – was a nice photo backdrop. Here's Rayna and Paul enjoying the quiet corner.


Renell and her crew!!


Raylene and her family!


Romey, Rick, Eric and his girlfriend Polly and kids.


And Princess Nell of the Northwoods.


Or something!

 

Elsa, Anna and Olaf... also known as Lenesker, Bynski and Olaf!


And Mom and me!

After the program, there was also time for sledding and visiting and more eating and entertaining ourselves.


My brother-in-law Ken has a coloring book supervisor named Kenlee!


Yay for hot chocolate and marshmallows!


My loving sister likes the scarf I crocheted for her! Finally, I can share the fact I've been busy with my hook!


The annual selfie with my niece Caryn. Well, the "every time we see each other" selfie. Ha. I've loved her the longest!


A Christmas hug with my SKOL sister RoAnn! We both got part of our Christmas gift today when the Vikings won. Now, the second part when they beat the Packers! SKOL!


And finally... a visit to see Dad. I know he was with us in spirit and so very proud of his children and grandchildren. Just like Mom, I bet he was bragging to the angels, "Yep. They all belong to me!"

I know I would. Love my family!

No comments: