Thursday, December 19, 2019

Clubbing with the Girls


Tonight was the fourth night in a row I had something going on. But this was not a worthy cause for anyone else but me. And my girls.

Yup, we went clubbing. And by clubbing, of course I mean Book Club.

Since it was impossible during the holiday and shopping season to find a Saturday in December that worked for us, we met tonight for dinner at Applebee's. It was kind of fun to sit in the rounded corner booth and eat and talk and talk and also listen to the staff sing Happy Birthday to worthy patrons no less than 3 times.

It was really was nice to see each other one more time for Christmas. Two of us have already celebrated one of our Christmases so this really was sandwiched in between the seasonal mayhem. As busy as the week has been, I wouldn't have missed it for anything. Even though, for the first time in our nearly 6-year history, I did not finish the book. Gasp!

Just too busy to read lately. But due to the excellent conversation and reviews, I'll finish it. It's called The Reckless Oath We Made in case you're interested.

Thanks for a super relaxing evening, ladies! What a special gift to have friends like you in my life – and not just at Book Club. Merry Christmas to us all!




No comments: