Tuesday, December 3, 2019

I'm Hooked

I know what you're going to say. A busy woman like me does not need another hobby. I know. I don't. But then I got hooked...

Two weekends ago when I was scrapbooking, I finished what I brought with me to work on. Since it was only Sunday morning, my crazy creative friend Julie agreed to teach me to crochet. We've talked about it before but never taken the time.

Now I'm not a complete newbie. I have crocheted one project before. It was a baby blanket for my nephew Tony. He'll be 31 this month. So I was a bit rusty!

Julie patiently showed me how to cast on and wrap through my first rows of single stitches, then taught me double stitches and I was on my own.


She let me keep the yarn and crochet hook so I could continue at home and not forget how.


Fast forward a week and I came to the end of the yarn. Had to do something during that stressful football game! So I crocheted it together, basically guessing how to do it, and today I had a new cowl scarf to wear to work!


Look at me multi-crafting! I thought I'd be hooked for real and need to keep crocheting but I sat down tonight and couldn't remember how to start. Ha. Thank goodness for YouTube videos.

I guess we're never too old – or too busy – to learn something fun and new! Go for it!


No comments: