Friday, May 7, 2021

Blooming Good

Did you know that in springtime things bloom in the desert, too? We're here just in time for blooming blossoms...

And surprisingly (to me anyway) they're coming from cactuses (or is it cacti??). Either way, it's pretty to see flowers blooming out the top side of the saguaro variety seen here. 

I saw a lot of saguaro today because we took a boat ride around Saguaro Lake. Got to see tons of cactus, rock formations, and boaters. Of course. Saw a bald eagle as well. And got plenty of pictures of a mountain appropriately called Four Peaks. 


Seen in the background here. I took a ton of pictures but will post when I get back home.


Also saw some funky trees along the Salt River.


Saw the also appropriately named Red Mountain. 


And saw a wild horse.  There are horse crossing signs everywhere and this one was in an area near a park. We saw a few after this but they were too far away. So cool! Photos of everything to come!

Got home in mid-afternoon so still had plenty of pool time. It was only 96 today so nothing to write home about. Ha. 

Ended the day with this view. I'm thinking there's  nothing I don't love about the Arizona sun! 

I'm pretty sure we'll see plenty more of it tomorrow! 


No comments: