Monday, May 31, 2021

Catch-Up Day


Happy Memorial Day. Well I guess it's weird to say "happy" when it's a holiday honoring those who lost their lives fighting for our freedoms. Maybe just say have good Memorial Day. And you determine what's good about it.

For me it was good to have day with nothing on the calendar. I could catch up on a few things. Got a walk in this morning. Felt much more like spring-almost-summer-time walking around the lake this morning than yesterday! Could it be on the last day of May, we're getting somewhere with Mother Nature?

I type that as I hear thunder outside – which thankfully held off until baseball practice was over and our supper of grilled kabobs was done. 

My other achievement today, besides getting to watch my Twins win on TV and baking banana bread for the in-laws, was finally getting my hanging flower baskets. Most greenhouses have a depleted supply this late in the game, but I had some colorful luck at The Home Depot. And yes, there's plenty of purple to go around!

Now I'm trusting Mother Nature to cooperate!

Hope you had a good holiday weekend.

No comments: