Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Good Ol' Rocky Top

The landscape of America is so diverse. I am fortunate I've seen hills and valleys and both sea shores in my various travels through at least 36 of the 50 states. I might have to recount. My favorite landscape is the mountains – not so much the Green Mountains of Vermont or the White Mountains of New Hampshire, but he Rocky Mountains. And hopefully the those in Alaska. 

And in close competition is the rock formations and various color schemes found in area like the Black Hills of South Dakota and the Sedona and other canyon areas in the desert Southwest.

When we were flying out to Phoenix, we saw a bit of each. After I work up from my flight nap, that is. Since we were up at 4 a.m., I zonked out quickly on the plane. But suddenly I awoke and turned to Raylene and said, "We should be seeing mountains at some point."

I literally pushed up the window blind and this was our view! Whew. Timing!


So I want to share some of those Rocky top scenes since we don't always get God's view. 







See the juxtaposition of red desert and granite mountains? So cool.





And what's the deal with the crop circles? Is it secret code to aliens?



Of course I had to look it up and of course there was an answer on the internet. They're from irrigation systems that pivot in a circle.


Crack-a-lackin'! Is it sand or a river?


And this little mountainous area popped up in the middle of nowhere. Reminded me of pictures of craters on the moon.

I bet the river running through that horizontal "crack" in this picture is gorgeous to kayak on!


Desert sands. Reminds of Red Sands Beach right here at Lake Wazeecha. But bigger.

And we landed in the populous desert area with mountains in the distance.

There's so much to see in this beautiful country – from the ground up. Thanks for flying with Robyn's EyeView Tours! ha.

No comments: