Sunday, May 9, 2021

Hello, Dolly

 

Today's sunny adventure included a cruise on Canyon Lake on a steamboat named Dolly, lunch in Tortilla Flats, and yes, more pool time! 

High of 93 today so not hot at all. Have hundreds of pix from the excursion but I'll share a few highlights here. These are out if order but you'll get the idea. 


Lunch at Tortilla Flats - a funny old west type town of three buildings or so.


Not necessarily a one-horse town if you count all the motorcycles and their horsepower!


Gorgeous Canyon Lake was super busy today with boats, kayaks, jetskis, etc.


Lots of neat caves to see.


Raylene packed matching shirts for us so we could officially "twin" for a day!


Saw desert bighorn sheep and that absolutely thrilled this photographer!!


Also saw a few things we see while kayaking in Wisconsin. This blue heron...


And this bald eagle and child were in a nest on top of a very tall rock formation. Bald eagles are not a common sight out here. I usually get a lot closer to them when I'm kayaking. But still so neat to see.

So far haven't seen any rattle snakes or scorpions. Fine by me. I see enough desert stuff I actually like!


No comments: