Saturday, May 29, 2021

Masks and Hats Off!


I can identify with the feeling of jubilation the graduates felt today after walking the stage, receiving their diplomas, and whipping their mortarboards into the air because they're free! Of high school, anyway. And frankly survived the strangest senior on record. #thanksCovid

That's how I've begun to feel with my face mask. A lot of places don't mandate them indoors now if you're fully vaccinated. I've noticed in the stores and gas stations that I'm the only one still wearing one. Probably out of habit now since I'm assuming, er hoping, most people are vaccinated.

I'm not completely throwing caution to the wind, but I'd like to throw one of my half dozen masks up in the air! It certainly does feel great to see people again and actually hug them!! Missed that so much.

Tonight hubby and I decided to go down to a bar in the town of Rome, where a friend (high school classmate of Jim's) was playing outdoors with his band Rising Phoenix. The way Hoozels on the Lake is set up now, they have a ginormous outdoor patio, tented area and bar area – all for summer weather and outdoor entertainment. I think everyone had the same idea to just GET OUT this weekend, because we can! 

We ended up seeing no less than 2 dozen people we knew so it turned out to be a great night. And the rockin' music was just a bonus.


Of course, I won't have a voice tomorrow after trying to talk over the loud band and visit, but it'll be worth it. I may just toss a mask yet.

Enjoy your long weekend!

No comments: