Friday, July 28, 2023

Atmospheric Disturbance


Right before bedtime last night, the rains came. Actually more thunder and lightning than anything else. And a ton of lightning at that. This is the storm lighting up our front yard at 10 p.m. Crazy.

I shouldn't have been so surprised to wake up with a sinus headache. I mean the disturbance in the atmosphere is all over the place. I powered through it and worked all day. Ibuprofen and some essential oils helped.

Tonight was Assumption night at the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters game. And the 50-50 raffle was a fundraiser for the baseball program. Coach Austin and the other coaches had important jobs overseeing the beer tent. I mean the ticket sales! 

I wandered and visited a bit and helped tear up tickets for the drawing. But not for long. Rain, thunder, and yes, lightning came and brought the game to a standstill.

I mean yay for rain. But boo for this being my only Rafters game this year. I left about a half hour into the rain delay and they ended up "officially postponing" it about an hour after that.

Didn't quite make as much for our baseball boys, but we can't complain about that much-needed rain. I'm knocking on wood as I type this but... I think even my hanging baskets of flowers have come back from the dead!

Soak in your blessings anyway you can this weekend!

No comments: