Sunday, July 16, 2023

Superstar Amy G and the Backup Swingers

Today's blog is brought to you by the Links Drinks' Classic Transfusion. Read on and you'll understand why...

Sometime last week we set up a late Sunday afternoon golf outing with 3 other couples. So the guys – Jim, Rob, Jeff, and Craig – teed off first, then us ladies – Linda, Amy, Sara, and me – followed. 

The way the first hole was going, we didn't have a chance of catching up to the guys or ever having to wait for them to tee off or get moving on a hole. We were getting our money's worth, swing by swing by swing. Then something shifted (for one of us) all thanks to a rain delay and Transfusion.

Just like I wasn't keeping score after the first bad hole, we also weren't keeping score of how many tasty grape Transfusion drinks Amy was consuming. But thanks to a thunder and rain delay, the Transfusion became an Infusion of aiming fluid.

We all teed off on the 5th hole just as it started to downpour, so we headed to the shelter by the tee box the same time our other halves were coming up to tee off on 7. I told you we had no prayers of keeping pace. So after a brief romantic interlude, ha, the weather cleared (briefly), we went our separate ways, and Amy ended up parring that hole. 

Then the next one – the par 3 6th hole, too! We determined then that the rest of us were just her backup singers. She was going to be the star of the show – in her FIRST round of the season! 

I missed my own par put on the 7th hole. Dang. But then Amy hit the green on the par 3 8th hole. Cue walkup music for a birdie putt. 


Not a "gimme."


Stopped just short even she obviously is telling it to "Get in the hole!"

Short par putt made. "I'm a superstar!! Thank you, Transfusion!"

What a hoot. It was a fun round – despite a few more on and off showers – and felt so good to just laugh.


These and 4 turkeys crossing the course were the only birdies I was close to seeing. I was a quart low on aiming fluid, I guess!


We survived the wind and rain and had a great time. Went to Ida's after our round to enjoy a late dinner. 


Not sure when Superstar Amy and her Backup Swingers will be performing next, but I'm sure it will be entertaining as hell. And I'll let you know here when tickets go on sale, of course!

Have a great week. I hope you Transfuse or Infuse with some summer fun!

No comments: