Thursday, July 27, 2023

Feeling Hot Hot Hot

 

As it turned out, it was another hot day today and it was even warmer this evening for golf league than my Tuesday evening round. Starting temp was 93 degrees with a "feels like" 100 degrees. A bit insane! 

So I broke down and rode a cart for the 9-hole round. That's what hubby and the guys did last night, too, so I didn't feel like a wimp. 

Our group kept hydrated. And even skirted around the group ahead of us just to keep the pace of play going and finish sooner. There were times on the tee box, though, when we'd just stand there and hope the thick air would move. Lots of dark clouds but the storm moved north of us.


When we got done it was still a balmy 85 degrees with a real feel of 91. Wow. I sure hope Mother Nature drops some more rain here. I realize they're getting rain and hail Up North. Hopefully that'll swing down here.

I don't need to golf for a good 36 hours, so come soak us. 

In the meantime, I'll keep up my streak of NOT turning on my mattress pad. That's when you know it's hot, hot, hot!

Be careful out there. 

No comments: