Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Is This Really Happening?


I'm pretty sure today was the first day since my birthday that I admitted out loud that I'm 55. I was in a snarky mood at work – which happens sometimes – and I said, "I'm 55 now. I have no filter. Not that I had much of one before!"

And then, just like that, the world acknowledged I'm eligible for Senior Discounts. What the actual hell?

Seriously, I got home and bam! Walgreens has an email pointing out my advantages of shopping on Senior Day. Oh crap. I am so not embracing this yet!

Unless I get a good deal of course. I never had to pay attention before. I mean I apologize to my older sister for ever mocking her for living in a "Community of Friends Over 55." I mean, dang, I could live there now. Sorry, Rayna!

I might just have to do some research on this. I mean even Goodwill has Senior Day. They're my source for books when I'm too lazy or busy to stop at 10 garage sales on a weekend. I guess this could be a good thing – other than being old enough to be just about everyone's mother on my work team. Gah. Please believe I still have all, er most, of my faculties.

I'll just have to get past my ego and pay more attention to good deals!

Hello, Senior Citizen Discounts. Ouch!

No comments: