Friday, July 14, 2023

To Bee or Not to Bee

So the situation on Blue Jay Drive is this. Hubby is deathly allergic to bees (as in Epi-Pen and ER) and I am mildly allergic to bees (as in I might faint, let me lay down). So the other evening, when Jim mentioned there was activity under our front deck, I came to one conclusion.

I haven't been spending enough time with Mr. Deck Chair or they'd know this is stupid, highly-trafficked area to build a nest. 


After a camera phone survey under the deck, I came to the same conclusion. They're stupid, I haven't been spending enough time with Mr. Deck Chair AND I needed to save my husband's life.


Last night, I finally removed the lattice around the deck, laid down on rocks and sprayed the hell out of that nest. 

I thought I was super hero successful until Jim said he saw some buzzing around today. So I got new supplies and waited until their "resting time" according to the can at sunset. Then sprayed the heck out of the same nest again. Maybe with a bit better aim since it was lighter out.

It kind of looks like Darth Vader visited. I hope that's a good sign that I hit the target this time. There was some buzzing, so I know a few escaped their demise. I just hope they're smart enough to move along.

It'd be nice if we could just be in charge of our OWN excitement this summer! Be careful out there!

No comments: