Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Happy Hot Holiday


Don't let it be said that I can't take a holiday. I mean I took this one. And seriously. I let freedom ring – and the rest of me do nothing.

It was hard. 

I'm serious. It is hard for me to relax. I found the patriotic eagle photo above from my trip to Alaska. I did organize my closet a bit. Then tried to just sit and watch TV. Then I went and got my car washed. It really needed it. Then I did sit and watch TV with hubby. He went to visit his dad and restless me had to go to the ATM so I could send graduation cards to the parties I missed. 

I checked in with Carter and Mamie and we had a little hot weather competition. Here in Wisconsin Rapids...


But out in Raleigh, N.C. ...

He wins. But feels like 100? He can have that. I love sun and heat. But I guess I don't love love them. Ha.

Since we saw fireworks in Rudolph on Friday, we had no desire to battle the crowds in town tonight. I am serious. The city had a strict rule no one could lay down blankets or tarps along the riverfront before 6 a.m. today. By 6:45 a.m., it was covered. Is that not crazy? But to our city's credit, the fireworks are always amazing. 

But they start at my bedtime. LOL.

I have to return to real office work tomorrow. No golf course "work" for me! Hope you had a great holiday weekend!

No comments: