Monday, July 24, 2023

CSI A.I.


All this artificial intelligence talk shouldn't be ignored. I mean, "they" (the A.I. folks) know things. Look at this "automated" response on my name test today. This is so 100% accurate for unfiltered Robyn!

But it is a bit unnerving sometimes, isn't it?

Whether it's autocorrect in your Word document or in your texting app, "they" know things. Like when I tried texting hubby the name of a town starting with an S and "it" automatically thought I was typing "sensual." H-m-m. One, where did that come from? And two, keep my secrets, smartphone!

But a side note, this A.I. business is a threat to my career. For real. Who needs reporters and writers of any kind when you can just plug in a few key words to your A.I. app and you're in business? Kinda crazy.

By the time I retire (not soon enough) I will have survived the daily desire for paper newspapers and magazines (hello, online publishing) and the need for human writers. Pretty unnerving.

But obviously, as a woman who won't be remembered for keeping her mouth shut, I'll keep you posted.

Stay safe out there – and keep command of your own voice. In any form!

No comments: