Wednesday, July 12, 2023

E.T. (or C.J.) Phone Home


I realize that as I type this, there was no jackpot winner in Tuesday night’s Mega Millions drawing  prompting another drawing scheduled for Friday with the estimated jackpot is up to $560 million.

Sure I'll buy a ticket. But it won't trade how special it was to get an unsolicited phone call from my baby boy tonight. 

The fact that there was nothing new to report made it even better. Well, Carter Joseph is traveling this coming weekend and wanted to be sure we knew. But it's only Wednesday. I'm going to go with the "he missed his mom" theory.

I get why my mom always says she appreciates my phone calls. Even with 8 kids, she can still get lonely. 

So my PSA (Public Service Announcement) today is: Call your mom!

Especially if you are fortunate enough to still have one. My guess is they've been through more than we realize. And survived! They deserve our love, respect, and phone calls. 

No comments: