Thursday, July 6, 2023

Finally, My Turn


After spending 7 whole days on a golf course without swinging a club, it was finally my turn tonight. 

My partner Ziggy (I'm Zaggy to reflect our non-cart golf style) and I had to miss last week since we were both volunteering at the U.S. Senior Open. And while we spent countless hours close to legends, we apparently didn't pick up any tips.

Pretty much got cremated tonight but it was fun to golf with friends Sue and Wendy, who I sub for occasionally at The Ridges. And oh so nice to golf in pleasant temperatures in the low 70s. Didn't help my game any, but it boosted morale anyway! 

It was also a relief to get the bad shots out of the way before golfing at SentryWorld tomorrow. Yup my birthday gift to hubby. The second part of the gift will be not getting frustrated when I lose my balls in the "brutal rough." Hey, if it happened to pros, it can certainly happen to me.

I mean I do qualify for senior golfing! Wish me luck!

No comments: