Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Fun at 91


The second heat wave of summer just happened to coincide with the first night of golf league at SentryWorld. My 3 co-workers and I were probably more ready for the heat than we were for that "brutal rough" the Senior Open guys struggled with. And Jim and me, too, when we golfed there a few weeks ago.

Still, we hydrated with various forms of liquid and had a blast.


SentryWorld is always challenging but we're in the "recreational" league so who cares? Our scores literally don't matter. And that rough, well, it can just hide our balls and have them.

Oh yeah, I totally lost 3 allegedly easy-to-see neon yellow-green balls tonight.


I mean the pros were stymied by the 9th hole – my FOX hole – so it only makes sense we should be, too. I actually didn't lose a ball here. They just ricocheted off the rocks and did not give me "kicks of love." Also... no fox sightings tonight. I'm sure the humidity messes with their fragile red hair!


I'm just thankful I had a barrette and a hair tie to get my hot hair of my face and neck! And also thankful for purple flowers at the finish line!

Uff da. Be careful in this heat the next few days!

P.S. If you were following along with Jim and me and the state 17U Legion Tournament, our boys claimed the state title tonight with a walk-off single!

Move over 91 degrees. We know how to handle you and have a great time doing it!

No comments: