Sunday, July 23, 2023

Sunday Competition

Any summer weekend and you're sure to find some athletic competition. Just about anywhere.

Today, I started at the lake. The Wisconsin State Waterski tournament concluded today at Lake Wazeecha. You can see by the photo above that this draws a decent crowd!

There was a weather delay due to last night's storms so I "thought" my Shermalot team was starting closer to 1 p.m. But I got there a little after 12:30 and they were already underway. Whoops. Can they fire a volunteer photographer??


I still managed to get some good action shots of about 75% of the show anyway. I definitely have to get to one of their weekly shows soon and see the whole thing. 

Got some quality time with Mr. Deck Chair this afternoon and then it was off the state Legion tournament. We're fortunate Rapids is in central Wisconsin so hosts lots of state competitions. Our 17U Legion team hadn't lost yet this weekend and were going up against and another undefeated team. I knew it was going to be good baseball. And it was!


So glad I went! I did not bring my camera so just enjoyed the very close and action-packed game. Rapids won 8-7! Whew.


I also got to see hubby doing his Tournament Commissioner duties. He still has two more days of work since the championship doesn't wrap up until Tuesday night. Stay hot, Ramblers. Would love to see you all take this thing!

On the way home, I noticed a hazy crescent moon. I thought dang, I don't have my camera.


But then I remembered my smartphone has a kick-ass camera. Haven't ever zoomed this far away with it. But I was impressed. 

Bedtime now. Hope you all had a great weekend! 

No comments: