Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Portage County Choppers

Even though I've worked in Stevens Point for nearly 6 years, I didn't realize that my after-work exit to Michael's and JoAnn's also had an Aspirus ER. I guess my priorities (and blessings) are mixed up.

Tonight after work, as I took the County HH exit to hit Walmart in rural Plover, I saw the chopper when I stopped for a red light. Of course, second nature is to grab my camera (or in this case phone) and snap a picture.

Don't judge me for being an ambulance chaser. I did my usual prayer, too. 

Long ago, I switch my praying habit from asking for a miracle. It's more like: God, please help the medical personnel do the best to their ability. Then, please help the patient and family have strength to deal with the outcome."

Even tonight, in my quest for chocolate for my work candy dish, it still might have just been a training exercise. But I said the prayer, as I do with every other emergency vehicle. Then, of course, said thank God my family and kiddos were safe. At least for that moment.

Thank you, emergency personnel of any branch, for doing the best you can to keep us safe!

No comments: