Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Hooked on Summer

Sitting outside under a hot blanket – even only 4 stitched rows of it – is a bit insane. But hey, I just came from my hair artist tonight and since I had nowhere to go to "run into" someone I knew, I had to take a selfie. 

And yes, it's 90 degrees and I'm crocheting. Babies don't follow my calendar. Or the heat index.

It's actually been an active month for hooking. That's crocheting for you folks with your minds in the gutter.


My new great-nephew Arlo in Minneapolis NEEDED a Vikings blanket!


Then my friend needed a pink and blue blanket for her young granddaughter's birthday in August. I realized since there are only 6 days in August without something on the calendar, I better get it done now. Don't act shocked. There were only 3 unmarked days in July.

So tonight I thought I'd get started on a baby girl blanket for a shower in late August. I fully admit that I didn't last on the swing more than hour. Then indoors and A/C and Netflix called my name. At least I can work on it at my own pace for the next month.

And appreciate Willis Carrier, the inventor of air-conditioning.

Be careful out there. And HYDRATE!

No comments: