Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Baseball Fever

Turns out it was an exciting first night of baseball Monday. I got to see my Twins win on TV and because of rain delays and extra innings, we got to listen to and see part of the Brewers game.

It was tied in the 9th inning when we picked Carter up at the baby-sitter's on our way home from work. Jim stayed in car to listen and I went into the house to get the boy.

Our typical 5-minute ride home goes something like this. Radio is turned off and we say: How was your day, Carter? "Good." What was good about it? "I don't know." What did you learn? "I don't know." What did you have for lunch? "I can't remember."

Yesterday was different. Since we had the intense game on the radio, there was no talking. It wasn't long before I felt a tap on my shoulder and Carter whispers, "Mom, doesn't anyone want to hear about my day?"

So I recline my seat and whisper back: "How was your day?" And he says, "Good." So I ask the usual: "What was good about it?" He says, "I don't know." And I say, "OK" and return my seat to the upright position and listen to the game...

No comments: