Monday, April 28, 2008

Silver linings are overrated

You know it's going to be a bad day when the first sight that greets you is snow accumulating on your deck chairs. This is like Ground Hog Day, where we keep waking up to this nightmare that we live inside a snow globe!

Anyway, it was an especially trying day and tomorrow looks to be much the same. I confess I just can't find a silver lining every day. And right now I am too tired to try. But don't worry about me. Seriously.

I would appreciate it if you could send some positive thoughts upward for some friends: Sara, a co-worker who had a second cancer surgery today; Tom and Toni, longtime friends who have lost their third parent between them in three years; Karen, feisty friend who is on her second week of chemo; Pastor Steve, who is seeking a new congregation; step-son Clayton, who may need a lightning bolt to get him to school these days; and some people who aren't even aware they'll really need prayers this week.

Thanks. I guess the silver lining is that I don't need a special prayer today for me... just the usual patience, tolerance, understanding...

No comments: