Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It's Not Easy Being Green

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

This Scandi-hoovian is not the least bit Irish, but I do my part to celebrate the holiday. I wore green today (including my Celtics shamrock beads). I brought in some green M&M cookies for a potluck. And I slept with an Irishman last night! Oh wait, I do that every night.

This morning I reminded Carter that he is part Irish (I can't remember the fraction) but he gets that from Daddy. He said, "Oh that's right. From you, I am part Swedish. That must be where I get my brains from." I'm pretty sure he wasn't being sarcastic either. Gotta love our little leprechaun!

I wasn't sure what they all do here at work to celebrate since I've spent the last two St. Patty's Days at Pepe's on the Rio Grande in Texas. This year, Carter's spring break is later in March so my sister and brother-in-law will have to celebrate at Pepe's without us.

At work, we are having a potluck of sorts. The organizer mentioned yesterday people should bring "green" food (and she wasn't talking eco-friendly). Among other tempting treats, we've got some green shamrock-shaped pancakes, some green deviled eggs (staying way clear of those), some Lucky Charms cereal and, my favorite, mint Oreo's!

This will be the perfect "appetizer" for my green supper tonight. A super-sized Shamrock Shake.

God bless the Irish!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy St. Patricks !!!! As soon as I finish this, Rick, Romey, Rayna & I are headed to the afore-mentioned Pepe's. Will be thinking of you as we quaff down the green beer (bet Romey asks if they can make green Margueritas)

St Paul