Sunday, April 18, 2010

Chillin' with Friends

The risk of setting a tee time several days in advance is that you are somewhat bound by it -- even if you wake up to 30 degrees and frost-covered grass...

We were excited to go golfing over by Green Bay with our friends Scott and Sandy. However, when I saw the weather forecast last night and knew it would be quite chilly today, I lost a little of that enthusiasm. I wasn't going to be the one to call this off, though, so I manned up and didn't say a word.

It was pretty nippy this morning when we left the house at 8 or so. I had on a few layers, pants and a light jacket while hubby toughed it out in shorts. Whatever.

I realized, though, that my golf shoes were still in the trunk of the car, which was locked up inside the shop this weekend. So I had 3 choices -- wear my golf sandals and get cold, purple toes; or wear socks with my golf sandals and look like a dork; or just wear tennis shoes. As it turned out, I had a fourth option. Sandy's feet are the same size as mine so I borrowed a pair of her golf shoes. Yes, she has multiple pairs so no, I'm not the only one spoiled around here!

The weather did prove to be quite cool and breezy but at least it was sunny. My golf game left much to be desired, too, but hey, it was a great time. We always have fun with them and we knew if we didn't get this first outing under our belts, we'd be trying to coordinate our summer schedules forever. So it was really nice to do.

We left Carter at home alone. He had hours of reading to do anyway to finish a book by tomorrow. So that worked out, too. Got home in time to get him some supper and hear him practice trumpet. He finally got the long-awaited sheet music to Eye of the Tiger. He loves that song (even if it is from the '80s) and learned it in record time. Sometimes, that kids amazes me!

It's nice to chill out with friends but sometimes it's good to be back home, too.

No comments: