Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Music to our Ears

This evening we enjoyed the spring Fine Arts Night at Grant Elementary School. It featured a band and orchestra program, followed by general music programs presented by each grade.

It was nice to hear Carter as part of a group -- and practice some more with my camera. I was much more satisfied with the results than the last time I tried to take program pictures inside a school gym! Here is the program at a glance:

Carter blows the trumpet while the 6th-grade band performed 3 songs.

Carter and Jacob find something funny.

Our trumpeters: Carter, Jacob and Mason.

A view of some of the band visible from our seat anyway.

During the general music part, the 6th-graders played Ode to Joy on recorders. It sounded nice.

They also did a number that combined singing and some other instruments. Couldn't get a decent view here!

They wrapped up the program with some song I was convinced I'd never get out of my head... But now I forgot it. It was a fun one, though, that the kids seemed to enjoy -- as much as 6th-graders will admit anyway!

(Psst... There may or may not be a redhead 2 people to Carter's left. Just saying.)

No comments: