Thursday, April 1, 2010

I Love the 80s

We figured it would be a pretty quiet April Fools' Day without our little prankster underfoot. But there was much loud rejoicing today, thanks to Mother Nature.

I was among the noisemakers.

Nothing says "Welcome to Spring" like watching the thermometer go up and up and just sneak past the 80-degree mark. (I love the 80s!) I have a hunch there were records set all over the state. I was reminded of my visits to Texas in the spring... A nice warm wind so you don't feel overwhelmed by the heat.

Hopefully, you were able to enjoy it -- even just a piece of it.

For my part, I took a walk/run at lunch. I jogged when I wasn't facing the sun, then walked -- slowly -- with my smile held up when I was facing the sun. Gotta soak up every bit of it. Later in the afternoon, I sat out on the back steps at work and proofed some pages. Just can't get enough of that sunshine -- especially when we know it's all gonna change in 36 hours.

For his part, hubby got out of work a little early this afternoon and went golfing with a friend. I'm not even jealous. We both took tomorrow afternoon off so we can go to 1 o'clock church, then hit the links... and pray God watches over us for both events.

No word from Camp Carter yet but I know it was supposed to be about 70 out in Virginia with our 80-degree weather headed out there tomorrow, just in time for his car ride home. We likely won't see him until Saturday night. I do have a few surprises for him (naturally!), but I won't have anything ready if I don't get off the computer! Plus, I gotta go find my clubs!

Ahhh, I love Spring when it pretends its Summer!

No comments: