Friday, April 9, 2010

Well-Adjusted

When I rolled out of bed after a troublesome night's sleep (or lack of sleep), I was convinced I'd developed an ulcer overnight. Just a lot of little stressful things on my mind. Of course, the good news, was that the day could only go up from there....

Had my third chiropractor appointment in a week this morning. I was apparently letting the stress (or out-of-shapeness) get to me everywhere. Now I feel well-adjusted and don't have to see Mr. Back Cracker for a month. I was hoping my mind would follow suit in the well-adjusted area. And eventually, it sort of did.

It was an interesting day at work. Had to say goodbye to a long-time friend who has crossed career paths with me -- working at the same place -- 3 times in the last 20 years. Now he's moving onto the education field and I find it unlikely we'll be working "together" again. But one never knows...

I had a long day, though. But it was productive and that felt good. See, I knew it would get better! But wait, there's more...

Our NCAA pool coordinator, back from a wicked sick leave, finally tabulated our bracket results today. As expected, the Austins found their way to the basement of the main pool. But the second-chance Losers' Bracket brought money to the hands of one Mr. Carter Austin. I've never seen anyone so excited to get $11.35! He was just giddy.

Of course, this comes hours after he was trying to negotiate with me over garage sales profits. Last night he asked me if he could have 7-10% of our sales. What? He said he wants to save up for something big, but he's not sure what. He assured me this has nothing to do with a cell phone. I told him he might as well give me a hint since his birthday is coming up in 3 weeks. (And trust me, we need an idea!) Anyway, I pooh-poohed the idea of a profit share for now. We'll see how it goes. We had decent, non-snowy weather for the first day. And tomorrow morning I will help work it -- in the pleasant sunshine.

Carter wasn't the only one who got a "windfall" today. His pictures of vacation arrived in the mail -- so we're all excited about that -- plus my free Twins blanket arrived. I got it for signing up for some mailing. Hubby says sarcastically, "You can never have too many blankets. Just like you can never have enough jackets." Yes, there are too many of both in our house. But hey, who's always cold? I need them!

It was mild enough tonight that Carter could enjoy his first soccer practice of the spring season. While they were gone, I enjoyed a little run. That helped relieve any last strains of stress. Now I seriously could hit the hay. Between lack of sleep last night and fresh air tonight, I am relaxed. Perhaps even well-adjusted...

Perhaps.

No comments: