Friday, April 23, 2010

Time to Relax: Ready, Go!

This is one of those weekends that we are fitting in many (maybe too many) things on our "free time" schedule. I feel like I have a 2-hour window now and that'll be it until Sunday afternoon sometime.

Maybe our Friday at work -- and its slow computers and "reply all" email circus -- will be the relaxing part of it all! Hope not.

After we picked up Carter at the sitter's (where he learned to drive a small tractor today since he just can't stop driving!), we had a quick bite to eat and went to soccer practice. I dropped Carter off and went to pick up a few groceries at Wal-Mart.

Found myself browsing for a birthday present. This is exactly what I do not do at Christmas. I make a list and go get what I gotta get. I cannot walk around a SuperCenter and expect the perfect gift for a 12-year-old will suddenly make itself known. (I just keep going back to the Wii cupboard and figure that's where I eventually will end up anyway. Unless I have an awakening or vision of some sort!)

When we got home, we had company -- a friend and her nephew, who is a cute little first-grader (or is it kindergarten?) who happens to worship Carter. So that was very cool that we got home in time for them to play together. I told Carter he was the same way at that age with the neighbor boy who would babysit once in awhile. A little hero worship is good for the soul (as long as they stick to looking up to good kids and not Tiger Woods).

The rest of our evening is unplanned. We have to get up early to road trip to Fond du Lac. That weekend back in February that I was gone to scrap camp, Carter participated and won a basketball competition with shooting, dribbling and passing components. The event tomorrow is the next level, regionals I think. So we'll see what happens. We aren't expecting anything great since Carter thinks he's too good to practice. But it will give me an opportunity to test out my camera!

When we get back into town, we've got something else, too, but that's a surprise for someone so I'll write about that later. I think I hear the hot tub calling me anyway...

No comments: