Thursday, April 29, 2010

Full Moon


I'm not into that Twilight series, don't believe in vampires or ghosts. But I am starting to think our car is possessed by some evil spirit. And last night's full moon resurrected it...

First let me say I am pretty happy with how my camera handled the moon at 11 p.m. At least that part of the story is nice and pretty.

This morning we got to sleep in a bit since hubby had a dentist appointment. Rather than take separate vehicles to work, the plan was that I would get Carter to the bus stop and Jim would pick me up on the way through to Iola.

I was on the computer and heard him get home a little before 9 a.m. By the time I got out into the garage, he had the car parked in the driveway with the hood up. And it was steaming and making boiling, growling sounds. What the ?

Needless to say we were incredulous. And a bit steamed ourselves. Jim moved it over the gravel part of the driveway and we took the CRV to work. I wisely didn't say a word on the way to work. Nothing I could say would make this situation any better.

When we got home, I did some checking under the hood to see if anything was loose or leaking. I can't tell what is going on but I can see that coolant leaked out. A lot of it. Jim still hasn't looked at it. I think he's still mad at the devil car and is purposely ignoring it. Sort of like a timeout, I guess. (I hope it doesn't retaliate!)

So I don't even know what we're doing next. Do we even trust a mechanic anymore? Is it too late to save it?

We should have a month here for this thing to get running before we have another full moon to contend with. (Right. If only it were that simple!)

No comments: