Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Test Drive

We picked up our "restored" Honda today. It's just like having a new car! No seriously, there are so many new parts, it does seem like one... and better run like one... because it certainly cost like one (well at least several payments anyway).

So it's good to have it back so hubby and I can go our separate ways when we need to.

Tonight he went into town to help set up some stuff at the ballfield. Carter stayed home to study (which he says after he see 3 girls from his class walking in our neighborhood). I met a friend and we went to Best Buy to get a new digital camera (for me, not her).

I've had my point-and-shoot digital for 6 years now and digital cameras have come soooo far since then. So I wanted to pick up something a little more advanced with more megapixels and a better zoom. I researched and decided on a Nikon Coolpix L110. I got lucky and it was on sale even!

So now I am going to test drive it -- taking pictures in every possible scenario to be sure I'm pleased with it and want to keep it. Of course I started doing that the minute I got home and got the batteries and memory card in. Yes, I realize I should read the operator's manual first, but I don't wanna! I'll get to it.

One feature I like it the Sports setting where I can take like 15 pictures in 3 seconds or something crazy like that so I don't miss the action. Here are 2 shots from that.




Actually, the left picture was taken 2nd but I put it first so you could see how it looks when he was shooting from left to right. I realize he's not in focus the greatest either, but that's what I gotta figure out how to do. I'll get reading eventually (but it's just not as fun), then I can really test drive it... just like our "new" car.
What a great day!

No comments: