Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Joy

It's like nothing ever changed. Carter was the first one up and playing video games before Daddy or Mommy rolled out of bed.

I suppose we should treasure days like this. In another year he'll be a teenager and we'll have to drag him out of bed! Sadly, I can tell he is into that pre-teen mode already. There was no fanfare today about finding his Easter basket. I didn't even know he was hunting for it. I saw it on the coffee table and figured, "Oh, I guess he found it." (I am not ready to outgrow this yet!)

Didn't have much on the agenda today. Church, then lunch at home and then dinner later at the in-laws in town.

Since it was a surprisingly glorious day -- warm, sunny (but breezy) -- I decided I should probably get a walk/run in ... especially after sitting most of yesterday and eating peanut butter eggs for breakfast today (What? they're eggs, aren't they?). I did 5.25-mile loop and capitalized on the sunshine as much as possible. I call this my light interval fun -- I'd walk for a song (on my mp3 player) then run for 2, then walk 1, run 2, etc. That way, I still get plenty of running in but I don't get tired. Doesn't that sound fun?

I confess I had more fun when I got home and sat on the front deck awhile, drinking my water and hoping for tan lines!

Went over to Jim's parents at 3:30. It was a small group since Sherry was without hubby and son for the day and then only Casey joined us. We all fit around the "big table". Weird. Of course, we all ate too much. My mother-in-law makes the best dressing in the world. I am still full!

We got home early enough so I could get some more garage sale stuff together. Our sitter's sale is Friday and Saturday. I've got the CRV loaded up and really am not too motivated to be looking for more stuff tomorrow night. But I have a few things in mind. Then I'll call it quits.

Carter is excited about getting back to school tomorrow. We did not get his pictures back yet but he'll draw enough attention to himself anyway with his thumb splint thingy. Oh, I didn't mention that he survived his whole trip injury-free, then last night while waiting for Dad to pick him up, he and his friend were playing catch with the football and it jammed his thumb. So he's got a nice, fat, slightly bruised left thumb. I think Jim and the neighbors have a bet on how long they figure he'll milk this for attention.

I sometimes wonder if the reason we missed Carter was because we had no one to pick on. Maybe... but I still better go tuck in the poor boy. (While I still can!)

Hope you and yours had a blessed Easter!

No comments: