Monday, April 26, 2010

A Word about CARs

Did you ever notice that CAR is the root of some nasty words? InCARceration? CARcinogen? CARpal Tunnel? CARbs? It's no wonder it can be an evil part of our lives!

Well, we got the beast back today. I guess I should speak more kindly about it so our nurturing will lead to a longer life and all...

Turns out it was the alternator, which was, indeed, about the only thing not replaced last week. That mechanic said he tested it and it was fine. So who knows? It's fixed now and between that and the towing bill, I am also thankful for credit CARds! Yikes.

We really didn't have a choice since we started this major repair last week. We sort of had to finish it off. Now that we have put 6 car payments' worth of upgrades on it, we are crossing our fingers that this piece of... loveliness... will make a nice return on our investment. At least 6-12 months. That would be nice!

As a backup plan, I started practicing some alternate modes of transportation tonight. I walked over to Carter's baseball practice. That's a nice 2 1/2-mile jaunt from home. Do-able in just over a half hour. I saved gas (not really, since Coach Austin drove the equipment over there) and got steps. And almost had to walk home (I thought I lost our keys) but Coach took pity on me. Plus he knew I had important things to do -- like blog and think of bad CARma words (I know. It's not spelled that way.)

I also know that CAR can be part of some wonderful words, too. CARtoon. CARamel. CARnival. CARpe Diem!

And the best one of all... CARter :)

No comments: