Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Master-Phil Performance

I'm not sure how it happened. I enjoy watching The Masters. I had money riding on it for my "fantasy team." And I was very curious how Tiger's return would play out. Still, I somehow missed the first 3 rounds.

It took a concerted effort, but I managed to convince my butt to sit in the couch and enjoy the final round today.

Actually, it wasn't that difficult to do. I awoke with a sore throat and a feeling of detachment -- you know, like your head is not attached to your body! This has been going on for at least a week but I have been very good about not calling attention to it or whining about it. It feels like one of those sneaky viruses that come on slowly than pop into the full-blown flu in no time. I suspect, though, it's probably just Spring allergies, which millions of people suffer through every year.

I am fortunate, it doesn't hit that often. When it does, I have sympathy for those of you who always have them year after year after year. It sucks! I hate having no energy or motivation. I would like to feel that my head is on my shoulders, not floating above me. I would like to be in a good mood for a change, too.

G-r-r.

So yes, sitting on the couch watching golf was fine by me. Since it was so gorgeous out, I did take a few 15-minute breaks to sit on the front deck. I was hoping the sun would bake out the blues. It sort of did!

And some good golf helped, too. I am always a fan of Phil Mickelson so I was happy he didn't choke and he actually pulled off the win. He's had a tough year. I am glad he has something positive happening. As always, Tiger kept it interesting. I did not want him to win, just occasionally make his usual amazing shots he pulls out of his bag of tricks. It's just fun to watch.

I did not win that fantasy challenge either. I held the lead for the first 3 rounds then changed my lineup last night. Note to self: Never mess with a good thing. My players tanked it today. And I don't care. Honest. I just want to take some drugs and introduce my head to my body ... then the pillow. Let's get it together!

No comments: