Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Hail to the King!

The Minnesota Twins have a much deserved day off today so I was thinking of taking one from blogging, too. But somehow this has become a part of my nightly routine, much like brushing my teeth, washing my face and turning my blanket on.

I would rather not talk, er write, about work. I hate walking out of the office on a stressful note. It makes for a lovely ride home for hubby, I'm sure, and sometimes extends into the evening. Tonight, though, someone saved me from the depths of despair. His friends call him the King, but his real name is King Cone.

Yup, my favorite ice cream shop is open for the season!

The little village of Amherst falls 15 minutes into our drive home so it's a perfect place for a quick stop .... when one desperately needs something cool to help cope with stress.

I was pleasantly surprised today to see they remodeled over the winter and now have an extended selection of Cedar Crest hard ice cream -- which is the best! All my favorite choices were there -- Mint Chip, Caramel Collision, Coconut Joy... but I had to go with Blueberry Waffle Cone. That is to die for. I even convinced hubby to try it and he gave it a thumbs up, too!

So I felt much better after that. Until I started the car to run into town and the battery light came on. And stayed on. So after surviving the radiator debacle, it looks like it's time for some new juice. We'll see. When Jim started driving it to the garage, the light went off. But I suspect a car with 203,000 miles on it could use a new battery. I'm just saying.

So we'll see how expensive this week gets and see if we can keep the stress to a minimum.

Of course, the King is always there for me.

No comments: