Monday, April 12, 2010

Positive Results

When I heard on the radio this morning that today is National Licorice Day, I knew it was going to be a good day. Just thinking of my Twizzlers makes me smile -- and I even enjoyed some left over from my Easter trek Up North! (Apparently I was too stressed to eat on that drive!)

The work day was normal but my afternoon and evening have been pretty nice.

Hubby had a baseball meeting so we had an early exit from work. That worked out awesome for me. Today was the Twins' home opener in their new field and it was an afternoon game. Since it was a big deal, ESPN was airing the game so I actually got to see 6 innings of it! And they won! Whoo-hoo! (By the way, Target Field looks pretty cool. I'm gonna have to get there this summer!)

When I picked up Carter at the sitters' I also picked up my garage sale profits. I don't have a ton of things on the sale, but it's nice to make a little money. Carter was quite insistent that I had agreed to that 15% figure. Heck no. So I said, "Let's just put it all in the Florida Fund." That's our little cup of "extra" money we're setting aside (when we think of it) for our summer vacation. Carter reluctantly agreed.

He then showed me his third-quarter report card -- 5 A's and a B+. "Are you sure you won't change your mind about that money?" This kid is relentless! (No on the money, but yes, we're very proud of you, Carter!)

Tonight our nephew Colin stopped over and we finished putting together a Fan Page on Facebook so we can build up a following this summer when he moves up to Super Late Models (those are the fast ones!). I had created the page and posted photos and he will provide insight for me throughout the season so we can keep his fans apprised of his activities. I am going to have a good time with this! (If you are on Facebook, just look up Colin Reffner Racing and join the fun!)

One other positive is that I found another container of Peppermint Stick ice cream in the freezer! I know. What did I do to deserve this day?! I don't know, but I'll keep doing it :)

No comments: