Friday, May 21, 2010

Best-Laid Plans

I am putting this in writing. I don't think we are going to plan any more golf outings this summer. The key word being plan.

The last 3 times -- including today -- we planned to golf, it was a lovely, warm, sunny day when we made the tee times. Then golf day dawns either soggy or cold. This has not been fun. And 2 of the 3 times we actually used up vacation time from work to go! Pooh.

Today was just miserable. We met another couple over at Foxfire in Waupaca for a 9:20 tee time. It was sprinkling but we were optimistic it would stop soon -- and warm up. It did neither. We were cold and wet and struggling to hold onto our clubs and plant our feet when swinging. Not a good combination. We gave up after 9 holes, went into the clubhouse to warm up, then went our separate ways.

Next time, we're flying by the seat of our pants. No planning -- unless it's guaranteed warm and sunny weather!

Due to the rain, racing for tonight -- which was to be Colin's Super Stock opener -- was also canceled. So hubby and I are stuck home with the 4 boys.

Yes, 4 boys. Carter is finally having his birthday sleepover since Saturday soccer is all done. So 3 friends got off the bus and they've been playing football and dodge ball and getting really stinky and dirty. I escaped for a quick walk but now I'm "supervising" while Daddy runs to the store to get more beer, I mean root beer. They're only 12!

On tonight's agenda, while I watch the Twins kick Brewer butt, they will be watching Iron Man 1 so we can go see Iron Man 2 tomorrow. The tickets are already bought. Tony Stark is waiting!

I guess I don't care how late they stay up. These are good kids. Not so good they'd volunteer to take a shower before bed, but still, good kids. I think Carter probably realizes now that some birthday "treats" are worth the wait!

At least that's one plan that worked out.

No comments: