Sunday, May 2, 2010

Youth Sunday

Today was the Youth Sunday service at our church, which meant the kids took over everything from the readings and sermon to the final blessing. Despite the fact he's missed a month of Sundays, well a month of Sunday School, Carter got to read the Psalm and joined in the group singing. It was a nice service.

After church, I had to run to a friend's house for some emergency hugs and prayers. But after that, the day was uplifting and fun. We sort of made the whole day a Youth Sunday -- and Mom got to act like a kid again (and will probably pay for it tomorrow).

I got my bike down from the garage rafters, dusted it off and Carter and I biked over to the gas station to put air in our tires. It was a breezy but sunny ride. I let Carter set the pace and I didn't mind all that it was quite leisurely. Gotta ease into it, ya know. Just five miles and plenty of sunshine.

When we got home, I could not pass up an opportunity to sit on the deck a bit and read. Guess what I'm reading? Now I'm into the second book of his Percy Jackson & the Olympians series. I guess I've sort of committed to reading all 4 of them after Carter gets done with each one. Hey, if it keeps him motivated to read, that's cool. Plus, he keeps insisting "it's the best series ever" even though it's probably the first real one he's read. Too funny. Oh well, I didn't mind an excuse for some sunshine time.

Carter was quite anxious to set up my character on Wii so we had to do that. Then he showed me just some basics on tennis, bowling and boxing. I was getting my heart rate up there! It was pretty cool -- and soooo easy, even a mom can do it!

After supper we all went to batting practice. Daddy pitched, Carter hit and Mommy fielded. I know it doesn't take too many throws before it's too late and I've already done the damage to my old lady arm, shoulder, back. Ah well. I was not there to be an athlete. Just an athletic supporter.

Some dark clouds rolled so we headed home. It didn't rain though. I guess it was just my cue to head indoors and get a little work done.

It was really a nice, warm day. But I think I'll still need my mattress pad on for my aching back...

Youth Sunday. Yeah right.

No comments: