Thursday, May 27, 2010

Retirement Plans

Not that we were counting on it or anything, but we didn't win the big Powerball jackpot last night so I had to return to work today. Business as usual.

Hubby has this early retirement plan that would require one of two things: Either we win the lottery so we both can retire or we find good jobs that would allow him to retire at age 55 and me at 65. If you do the math on the second option, he (who is 5 years older than me) would have 15 years to perfect his golf game -- and the groove where his butt sinks into the couch.

I'm not in favor of that one.

Especially after today when I got my first taste of it.

Hubby has vacation days today and tomorrow. Today he had a funeral and then got together at a "local establishment" with friends. He also ran errands, did laundry and made supper. It was sunny and 80. Robyn, the sun worshipper, sat at her desk. Tomorrow he has an early tee time with his dad and uncle. It is supposed to be sunny and 80 again. Robyn will be sitting at her desk again.

And thinking of places I'd rather be. Warm, sunny places.

I can tell already I won't like this business of him retiring before me. I know my sister in Texas is in similar situation -- but at least her countdown to retirement legitimately is less than a thousand days. I don't even want to enter mine into a calculator! That would be way too depressing.

I guess I better keep my fingers crossed for Saturday night's drawing.

1 comment:

Rayna Delaney said...

I sure am glad that I didn't have a sister 17 years older than me that was ready to retire soon! I should say, I'm READY to retire now, have been for years.