Tuesday, May 4, 2010

River View

Two of the things I love about spring are, unfortunately, short-lived. The Lilacs and their wonderful scent are almost here. And the beautiful Hopa trees, sadly, have come and gone already.

I went riverside to scope out the trees and test out some camera options. I was expecting a row of pink there, and was dismayed there was only one tree with the pretty blossoms still around. So I took some pictures and fought the wind -- which kept moving the branches out of my "frame"! Here a few of my views...

I was trying to frame the flag and paper mill in the background -- part of the symbolism of Wisconisn Rapids (besides the Wisconsin River). I see the blossoms are in focus but the building and flag are not. Something to learn from. Still kinda cool.

These two geese were trying to find their way back to Canada. I don't think they had any luck since they were chasing each other in circles.

This nearby Mallard just took a nap and ignored them. Stupid geese!

Here's my macro-zoom. I'm liking it. And I'm glad I'll have at least a few pretty pictures to look at until these are in bloom again next spring!


No comments: