Friday, May 14, 2010

Definitely TGIF

This week feels like it was a month long -- not even counting today, which must have been 2 weeks on its own. Ah well, that's called getting back to work and trying to swim back to the surface! So, so glad it's Friday!

After work we picked Carter up from the sitter's, where he was enjoying scooting around on their go-cart. No, we are not breaking down and buying him one. He may be spoiled, but not that spoiled. Yet.

He had soccer practice tonight. So Daddy volunteered to mow the front lawn if I took him. Fair trade to me. I had to go to the bookstore anyway to find a New York Times. There was a full-page ad in there today for the Amazon Kindle. The book featured on the Kindle was written by a longtime friend of mine --we're talking back in the '80s when we were Bible camp counselors together. I'm very excited for her and this great exposure she'll be getting for the book, which is just one in her series of 4 books. So cool for a girl from Luck to make it BIG.

Got home in time for Carter to finish mowing while Daddy disappeared. Seriously, I have no idea where he is. I figure if there was an emergency somewhere, I'd have heard by now. So it must be something to do with Friday night and Bud Light. Just a hunch.

I spent my evening going through old picture CDs to email some photos of Carter at school functions over the years. They are putting together some memory DVDs and a book, I believe, for 6th-grade graduation. I just look at that cute little boy and wonder where the time has gone!


Here Carter is with a different redhead -- his classmate Alec -- in first grade. He's so embarrassed I was even looking at these pictures. Doesn't he realize he was adorable? I mean, he still is.

But then, aren't we all?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I finally got around to catching up on your blog. Who's the author from Luck and what are the books. LJ#5

Robyn Austin said...

Julie Henriksen, now Julie Bowe. She graduated a few years ahead of me.